Spring is here, thank goodness! This is the time I year that I love to do a gentle Cleanse to support the liver with detoxification, and add lots of leafy green vegetables to my plate. In the winter, we want more hearty and warming foods like root vegetables and soups. Spring is a good time to lighten up our diets, incorporate more raw foods and eat tons of greens and salads.
I have picked out a few recipes you may enjoy on your Cleanse – with notes about some small tweaks to make them Cleanse-friendly.
1. Smashed Avocado, Kelp Noodle and Lemon Bowl by Choosing Raw. If you haven’t tried out kelp noodles yet, they are a tasty gluten-free alternative to regular noodles.
2. Asian Glazed Salmon with Roasted Broccolini and Asparagus by Against All Grain.
3. Quinoa Salad with Asparagus, Peas, Avocado and Lemon Basil Dressing by Two Peas and Their Pod.
4. Paleo Pad Se Ew by Against all Grain. Skip the eggs on your Cleanse.
5. Chicken Salad with Almonds by Elana’s Pantry. Skip the cranberries on your Cleanse.