This is a great salad to enjoy this spring. Arugula is a cruciferous veggie (part of the broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels sprout family) and is one of the best detoxing veggies you can eat!
Gluten, Dairy, Soy, Grain, Sugar-Free
- 4 cups packed baby organic arugula (such as Earthbound Farm)
- 2 pears, thinly sliced or diced
- 2 Tbsp. chopped raw walnuts
- 2 tsp. dried cranberries or dried cherries
- Pinch fresh lemon zest
- 2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more if needed
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh basil
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
In a large bowl, combine arugula, pears, walnuts, cranberries and lemon zest.
In a small bowl, whisk oil, lemon, garlic, basil, sea salt and pepper. Season to taste. Drizzle over arugula mixture and toss to combine. Serve.