Although summer is starting to wind down on the East Coast, farmers’ markets are still full of juicy peaches. Looking for a delicious and nutritious way to take advantage of this lovely, summery fruit? We recommend this simple but elegant salad.
The salad combines the sweetness of peaches with the sharpness of arugula and the richness of mozzarella cheese. It’s a delicious alternative to Caprese salad that will make your taste buds sing with delight.
- 1 large bunch of arugula, rinsed and dried
- 2 fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
- Fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- Basil leaves
- Extra virgin olive oil
- White balsamic vinegar
- Spread the arugula leaves onto a large platter
- Scatter the sliced peaches over the arugula
- Place thinly sliced mozzarella cheese on top
- Garnish with a few fresh basil leaves
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar
This salad is simple to make but packs a huge punch. Oh, and it looks beautiful too. Bring it along to those last couple summer picnics and potlucks and we guarantee everyone will be praising you all afternoon— and then demanding the recipe!