For something so easy to make, this dish is super flavorful — not to mention packed with nutrients! In addition to adding a little sweetness to your life, sweet potatoes provide tons of health benefits. They’re high in fiber and full of vitamin C to help you ward of winter illnesses. They’re also antioxidant powerhouses with anti-inflammatory properties.
And seriously, this recipe is super easy, yet totally satisfying. All you need to do is roast the sweet potatoes, slice them in half, and stuff ‘em with arugula, tomatoes, and onion.
A generous sprinkle of orange zest and a dash of orange juice add a zingy burst of citrus that makes this dish extra tasty.
For more delicious sweet potato recipes, try these sweet potato Buddha bowls with lemony almond butter dressing.
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 cups loosely packed arugula
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp diced red onion
- 1 tsp fresh orange zest
- 1 cup plain hummus
- 1 large orange, juiced
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Poke holes in the sweet potatoes using a fork, then rub them with olive oil and roast in the oven for 45-50 minutes or until tender. Remove from the oven, set aside to cool for five minutes, then slice in half lengthwise. Stuff with the arugula, tomatoes, onion, and a sprinkle of orange zest.
- In a small bowl, combine the hummus and orange juice and mix well. Drizzle over the sweet potatoes and serve immediately. Season to taste with salt and pepper.