Trust me, this is what your body wants on a cold wintery afternoon. The high antioxidant content of chocolate helps protect your body from wintery colds. Plus, the creamy nut milk contains protein and fat, which our bodies need more of in order to stay warm throughout winter. Reishi, a calming adaptogenic mushroom, reduces inflammation, lowers stress, and helps improve sleep. Cacao is loaded with antioxidants and bliss-inducing benefits.
So this beverage is a super comforting, hygge-centric, and immune-supporting treat! Enjoy!
Recipe from “Super Powders – Adaptogenic Herbs and Mushrooms for Energy,Beauty, Mood and Wellbeing” by Katrine van Wyk
- 1 cup coconut milk (or any other milk of choice)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. raw cacao powder
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ tsp vanilla powder or vanilla extract
- ½ tsp reishi powder
- In a pot, warm the milk and coconut oil.
- Add the warm milk to a blender with the rest of the ingredients.
- Blend on low until all is combined.
- Pour into a mug and enjoy.