Coconut is not only delicious — it’s also healthy! The good fat in coconuts, lauric acid, is linked to improved cholesterol and heart health and is antibacterial and antiviral, and the variety of minerals also helps to lower blood pressure! But you are still afraid of the fat in coconut, you say? Fact is, fat is absolutely essential for every function of the body, especially in the brain, as well as aiding essential healing and repair processes. If you want even more details, read “14 Ways to Fatify Your Diet in a Healthy Way” to alleviate your fears. Once you are convinced, this coconut-a-licious smoothie is a great start to your day.
Often when I open a can of coconut milk, I don’t use all of it. This is the perfect recipe for making sure you don’t waste. Any leftover coconut milk cubes can be kept for another smoothie or added to a curry or soup later.
- 1 serving Organic Plant Protein in Vanilla
- ½ - 1 cup filtered water or unsweetened almond milk
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 2-4 coconut milk ice cubes, which equals about ¼ to ½ cup (instructions below)
- The night before, open and mix up a can of coconut milk, pour the contents into an ice cube tray, and freeze.
- Add all ingredients to blender and pulse until smooth.
- Top with shredded coconut and raw cacao nibs (optional)