Coconut milk and curry bring a tasty twist to regular carrot soup in this recipe. This incredibly healthy, creamy soup can be enjoyed during any season–and perfect for a crisp fall day or evening.
You have the option of serving the soup either hot or cold. If it is served cold, add a little water in order to thin it out to your desired consistency. Garnish with cilantro to serve.
Course: Appetizer, Dinner, Snack
Cuisine: Paleo, Primal
- 2 lbs Carrots (peeled and roughly chopped)
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 White onion (large , roughly chopped)
- 1 tsp Curry powder
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 5 cups Vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup Coconut milk
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion, curry powder, and a pinch of salt.
- Sauté for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for one minute more.
- Add the carrots and stock into the pot.
- Bring to a boil, and then reduce the heat to simmer.
- Simmer, covered, for 18-20 minutes until the carrots are tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Use an immersion blender to purée the ingredients in the pot until smooth.
- Alternatively, transfer to a blender in batches to purée.
- Return the puréed soup to the stove over medium heat and stir in the coconut milk, cooking for 3-4 minutes more.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm.
Original recipes at Ultimatepaleoguide.com.