Dry brushing is an easy and effective way to help the natural detox process of the body – better yet it can be done at home with the expense of just a simple soft-bristled natural brush.
It is quite simply just what it sounds like – before a shower, ideally every day, take a soft-bristled brush and brush the dead skin off always using motions toward the heart. It takes only 5 minutes and not only does my skin look better and even my cellulite has begun to resolve itself, I have begun to notice that I also have much more energy.
The skin is the body’s largest organ and is often called the third kidney because of its importance in the body’s process of detoxification. The brushing of the skin helps the skin regenerate more efficiently, allowing the load on the kidney and liver to lessen while also boosting blood circulation and cleansing the lymphatic system. The lymphatic system is an important filtration system for the body and helps to push toxins through and out of your body.
How To: Dry Brushing in 5 minutes
- Purchase a natural fiber body brush – long handled ones are even better for harder to reach areas.
- Gently brush the skin from your hands up your arms several times, covering all areas.
- Then stroke the brush from your feet to the top of your legs in the same way.
- Use circular counter-clockwise strokes on the abdomen and your armpits. Then repeat these areas with counterclockwise motion.
- Brush the chest/breasts and sensitive areas lightly.
- Brush upwards on the back and down from the neck.
- You can also brush in a circular motion on the palms of your hands and soles of your feet.
- You can follow with a shower or bath and enjoy the benefits.