One of my favorite things about Summer is the bounty of fresh produce that is now available at our local farmer’s markets and in my excitement to stock up on what is in season, I often buy more than I need and by Sunday evening my fridge is still rather full.
So I came up with a recipe that uses what ever is on hand, is completely flexible, easy to prepare and super delicious.
There is no real recipe here with exact quantities or ingredients, so please improvise with whatever you have in your fridge.
Here’s the “recipe” which has now become one of Frank’s favorite Sunday supper meals.
Veggies with Eggs
- Chop up root veggies, sprinkle with sea salt and roast in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit till soft.
- Saute greens, onions, leeks, asparagus, zucchini, summer squash, broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms.
- Season to taste with sea salt and black pepper
- Add the roasted veggies to the sauteed veggies
- In a separate pan, fry, poach or boil a couple of free range eggs.
- When cooked, serve over the veggies, add a slice or 2 of avocado on the side and enjoy !