The weather has finally begun to warm up and all around us nature is waking up in full glory after its winter slumber. It’s the prettiest time of the year, however, if you are an allergy sufferer, it can also be a cruel time of year. So load up on foods rich in Quercetin, a mild natural antihistamine found in many foods including apples, blueberries and kale. To get the full impact, combine them in a fresh, delicious green smoothie.
Green Apple Blueberry Kale Smoothie
- 1 packet Be Well Sustain Protein powder
- 1 cup non-dairy, non-soy milk
- 1 green apple, cut up into chunks
- ¼ cup blueberries
- 1 cup kale (centre stalk removed)
- ¼ avocado
- 1 teaspoon Be Well Probiotic powder
- 4 ice cubes
Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
For more advice on beating spring allergies, read 6 Ways to Combat Spring Time Allergies by Dr. Frank Lipman.