I know you know that I think smoothies are the greatest thing since sliced bread (gluten-free of course!). Usually my smoothies do not contain fruit, I prefer adding greens like kale and our Greens powder instead. However, when winter rolls around, I love to make this Ginger Pear Smoothie, it’s got a great kick from the ginger which is balanced by the sweetness of the pear. It’s rich and creamy and every sip tastes like a treat!
I like to use Be Well’s Whey Protein Powder, especially since I make my smoothie after working out. It’s a great post-workout recovery drink and it’s also a satisfying and filling breakfast. You can make this with Plant Protein + Multi too if you prefer a vegetarian protein instead.
Here’s what I do:
- 1 scoop Be Well Whey Protein powder
- 8 – 10 oz water (or half water, half almond or coconut milk)
- 1 fresh pear, peeled and diced (I use Barlett pears)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated or 1/8 tsp ground ginger powder
- 1/5 of an avocado
- 4 cubes of ice
Blend in a blender till smooth and creamy. Makes one serving.
Other optional ingredients I like to add:
- 1 tbsp chia seeds – great source of Omega 3 Fatty Acids
- 1 scoop Be Well Fiber – keeps things moving smoothly
- 1 tbs Maca powder if I want an additional boost
- 1 tbsp Be Well Greens or a handful kale – because you can never have enough veggies!