Being gluten-free does not have to mean you can never enjoy another freshly baked good. Thank God! After tasting these delicious lemon poppy muffins from our Provenance Meals delivery at the office, we hunted down the recipe from their chef, Carla Contreras so that we could share it with all of you. They are paleo, made without any refined grain flours at all, just almond flour/meal, eggs, butter and sweetened with raw honey. Nutritious and delicious – just how we like it. We hope you like it as much as we do.
Paleo Lemon Poppy Muffins (Gluten Free)
By: Chef Carla Contreras
Yield: 6 large muffins
2 cups almond meal
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp poppy seeds
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs, beaten
Zest of 1 lemon
1/2 cup melted butter or ghee,
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup raw honey (or maple syrup)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine together all of dry ingredients, including lemon zest and poppy seeds.
- In a separate bowl mix together eggs, honey and butter. Whisk until they are thoroughly combined.
- Add wet ingredients into dry ingredients and whisk together until a thick batter forms.
- Distribute your batter between six cupcake liners. Fill ¾ of the way full.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until they are golden brown.
- Store in an airtight container.