For most people one of the things they miss the most when going grain-free or gluten-free is bread. They miss their toast in the morning or having a sandwich at lunchtime and gluten-free crackers or a collard wrap just doesn’t cut it.
But thanks to this easy recipe from nutrition magician Tricia Williams who created this recipe for Frank’s last book, Young and Slim for Life, you can have your bread and eat it too!
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter, room temperature
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 ¾ cup almond meal
- 1 ¾ cup arrowroot powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit
- Mix together the butter, eggs and apple cider vinegar in a large bowl until thoroughly combined.
- Add the almond flour, arrowroot powder, baking soda and sea salt, mixing well.
- Transfer to a 7 ½ X 3 ½ loaf pan (greased with some coconut oil or butter)
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 days or in the freezer for up to 5 months