In the spirit of turning delicious foods into healthy ones – something we love to do at Be Well – we’ve transformed popsicles, a traditional summertime (and sugar-laden) favorite into a refreshing, guilt-free treat you and your kids can enjoy.
Sound too good to be true? It’s not! These pops are loaded with healthy fats and antioxidants, along with gut-healing nutrients that easily give your food significant medicinal qualities. The stars of this recipe:
Collagen powder, which you can find in health food stores or online, has quickly become a favorite at Be Well. Grass-fed collagen powder is flavorless and scentless, which makes it an easy addition to many meals, from smoothies to soups (and – yes – ice pops!). It is known for having a healing effect on the gut as well as supporting healthy skin, hair and nails.
Probiotics offer the body a good dose of beneficial bacteria, which support a balanced and happy microbiome. These bacteria are essential in digestion, immunity and nutrient absorption, and are recommended to most patients here at Dr. Lipman’s practice in both healing and maintenance protocols.
Cheers to refreshing and healing foods!
Creamy Blueberry Coconut Pops
2 cups frozen blueberries
2 cups full fat coconut milk
5-10 drops vanilla stevia (or a combination of stevia and vanilla extract)
6 teaspoons Be Well probiotic powder
3 heaping tablespoons collagen powder
1) Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
2) Pour the liquid in your favorite popsicle mold and place in your freezer.
3) Freeze for a minimum of 8 hours.
- You can easily swap the blueberries for another berry of your choice. We do recommend sticking with berries, however, because they are lower in sugar when compared to most other fruits.
- For texture and added flavor, consider adding 3 tablespoons shredded coconut.