A friend of mine is an amazing cook and he whipped this up quickly for a snack one day. Once I tried it I knew I needed to get the recipe immediately! This dip is super easy to make and one of my favorite things to bring to parties or bbq’s for a healthy appetizer. It’s also great to have on hand in the fridge for a healthy snack. You can serve it with sliced veggies such as carrots, celery and peppers and/or gluten-free crackers, my favorite being Mary’s Gone Crackers.
This recipe is Cleanse-friendly, too!
- 1 can organic white beans (cannellini) drained, some liquid reserved
- 1–2 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Handful of fresh herbs (basil, chives, oregano, or whatever you have on hand), chopped
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a saute pan on medium low heat.
- Add oil and garlic and cook until garlic is soft. Remove from heat.
- Put beans in a food processor with the oil and garlic, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Blend until smooth, adding the reserved bean liquid as needed.
- Add more salt and pepper to taste.