If you’re anything like us, you love a good kale salad. But if you ever find yourself getting tired of them and craving a little variety, this recipe should do the trick.
The addition of kohlrabi makes this salad a big bowl of of nutrient-rich, cancer-fighting, cruciferous goodness. The almond butter miso dressing adds delicious nuttiness, creaminess, and umami flavor. The currants add a touch of sweetness and the raw almonds add a delightful crunch.
We recommend checking out your local farmer’s markets for the kale and kohlrabi, which can be found throughout the winter months. Try pairing this salad with some roasted salmon — or just enjoy it on its own!
- 1 bunch Tuscan kale
- 1 cup kohlrabi, small dice
- ¼ cup currants
- ¼ cup sliced raw almonds
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tsp miso
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 1 tsp ginger, roughly chopped
- ½ tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp water
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Clean kale and remove hard center stems. Roughly chop kale and place in salad bowl. Place kohlrabi on top of kale. Set aside.
- Place almond butter, miso, honey, ginger, apple cider vinegar, and water in a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the kale and kohlrabi with almond dressing. Be sure that the kale is evenly coated. Garnish with almonds and currants.
Note: Salad may be dressed up to one hour before serving.