Many of us are willing to stick to healthy eating and stay away from refined sugar — except for birthdays and holidays. This chocolate fudge cake is a wonderful dessert to make for those special occasions. You can have your gluten-free, sugar-free cake and eat it too!
- 2 packages of Lily’s vegan chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 6 large organic eggs
- 1tsp vanilla
- 4 tablespoons palm sugar or 2 packets of stevia (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Melt chocolate chips and oil in double boiler.
- In the mixer beat six eggs, add vanilla, add sugar/stevia then slowly add chocolate into the eggs. Make sure you add the chocolate very slowly while continually beating the eggs.
- Pour into a greased 9” round cake pan. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes and let it cool.
- You can top with some shredded coconut or chopped nuts, and enjoy.
If you want the cake to be a little more “fluffy,” then separate the egg yolks from the whites. Follow the directions above, leaving the egg whites to the side. Then beat the egg whites so they are fluffy and add it to the rest of the batter and cook the same way.