Want to enjoy the delicious, bold flavors of the Mediterranean without all the carbs that often come with them? Well, you’re in luck.
Replacing regular rice with cauliflower rice in this paella recipe means you can enjoy a hearty, tasty Mediterranean meal — but without the carbs. Plus, you’ll also get the anti-inflammatory benefits of turmeric. (Turmeric also provides that beautiful, rich yellow color associated with paella.)
Oh, and not only is this riff on paella low-carb, it’s also vegan. If you double up the recipe, it’s a great dish to bring to a potluck or dinner party because it will please just about everyone.
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 5 cups cauliflower florets
- ½ cup pitted kalamata olives, sliced
- ¾ cup halved jarred artichokes
- 4 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Boil 8 cups water, sea salt, and turmeric in a large pot over high heat.
- Add cauliflower florets and cook for four minutes.
- Strain cauliflower and pat dry.
- Finely chop the cauliflower until it resembles rice.
- Place in a large bowl.
- Add olives, artichokes, parsley, lemon zest, and olive oil and mix well.
- Season with sea salt and pepper and serve warm.
If you’re craving more cauliflower and turmeric after you finish this dish, try making this gorgeous turmeric-spiced cauliflower as a side for your next holiday dinner. Your family will thank you.