Is there anything better than a cool, creamy, minty treat on a hot summer day? I think not. This freezer fudge hits all the right notes for a sweet summer treat. What I love about this recipe (besides the taste, of course!) is how adaptable it is! Indulge your taste buds and your creative whims: leave out the extract to create plain chocolate fudge, or add new toppings such as shredded coconut or chopped hazelnuts. No matter how you fancy your fudge, you can’t go wrong.
Mint Chocolate Freezer Fudge
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 5-6 Tbsp cacao powder
- 1 1/4 tsp mint extract (mine was a mix of peppermint & spearmint)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1) To a mixing bowl, add melted coconut oil and almond butter and stir with a whisk to reduce clumping.
2) Add in cacao powder and extracts, whisking until mixture is smooth. Taste and adjust cacao and extract as desired.
3) Pour mixture into a square glass dish or mini muffin liners. Freeze until firm.
4) Cut into squares or remove from muffin liners. Garnish with sea salt and/or mint leaves. Enjoy!