Between the shopping and the parties, plus work and everyday life, there’s no question that the holidays can be one of the most stressful times of the year. In addition to following Dr. Lipman’s tips to de-stress this holiday season, here are a few more holiday sanity savers so you rest like the best and take time for yourself.
- Prepping for bed with 15 minutes of restorative yoga or mindful breathing will wind you down and leave you ready for sleep.
- Disconnect! The glaring light from your computer, phone, or TV over stimulates your brain & can make sleep elusive.
- Supplement your natural abilities: try a natural sleep aid like magnesium or our Sleep Formula.
- Schedule it all in, including exercise, gift wrapping, baking and me time. Things tend to feel less overwhelming when you have a game plan.
- Get over your FOMO: Fear Of Missing Out. Practice being present where you are and who you are with.
- Ask for help. What on your to-do list can be done by someone else? Delegate when you can without micromanaging, leaving your control freak persona at the door.