Olive Tapenade is a pantry staple everyone should keep stocked in a healing kitchen. It is a
delicious dip that can also be used as a spread on wraps or on toast, as a topping for protein, or
as a fantastic sauce. This powerhouse dip provides a great dose of healthy fats, and nutrient-
rich olives are celebrated for being a heart healthy food that can reduce inflammation.
This is an extremely simple recipe that uses tapenade as the sauce. You can make your own
tapenade or purchase a pre-made one from the store. I personally prefer a chunkier tapenade
with a variety of different olives in it, but a smoother tapenade works as well. I hope you enjoy!
- 1 spaghetti squash (roughly 2 lbs)
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 ½ cups whole cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup olive tapenade
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley
- 3 Tbsp avocado oil
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Sea salt to taste preference
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- Optional: ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- Optional: ¼ cup crumbled feta
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Chop spaghetti squash in half, and discard the seeds.
- Place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet, and massage 1 tbsp avocado oil into
both squash halves.
- Bake face down (with the skin up) for roughly 30-40 minutes. Remove and flip over, and
let cool for 5-10 minutes.
- In a large pan, heat 2 tbsp avocado oil on medium heat.
- Saute red onion for 3-4 minutes, then add garlic, cherry tomatoes, pepper, and red
pepper flakes if using, and cover for 5 minutes to steam, removing lid once to stir. NOTE:
may need to add a dash of filtered water if ingredients are sticking to the pan.
- Remove lid, and add 2 cups arugula. Saute for 2 minutes, then turn the heat off.
- Add the tapenade, lemon juice, and parsley to the pan, and mix well.
- Using a fork, make spaghetti out of the spaghetti squash, and add it straight into the
large pan. Mix all the ingredients well.
- If using feta, add it into the pan and mix well.
- Taste test and add sea salt if needed, and adjust other seasonings if needed.
- Serve and enjoy.