This flavorful dish is Cleanse friendly and makes for a great fall meal!
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- Juice of 1 fresh orange
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup raw cashews
- 2 Tbsp. fresh orange zest
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- pinch chili powder, optional
Rinse quinoa and cook according to package directions. Remove from heat and fluff with a fork; cover and set aside for 10 minutes then transfer to a large bowl. In a small bowl, mix honey with orange juice and drizzle over quinoa; gently toss to combine. Set aside covered for 10 minutes to soak.
- Mix in cilantro, cashews, orange zest, scallions, salt and pepper. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add chili powder, if desired. Gently toss to combine and serve.