I love taking what are considered indulgent, “non-healthy” foods and making them healthy and nutritious – yet every bit as indulgent! Healthy options never have to be bland nor boring.
It’s Fall, which means pumpkin everything, everywhere you look! So here’s one of my favorite recipes: Vanilla Pumpkin Paleo Pancakes. They’re great for those lazy Sunday mornings at home or an easy and fun breakfast option during the workweek.
- 2 organic eggs
- ¼ cup almond/grain-free flour (coconut flour if preferred)
- ¼ cup canned pumpkin puree,
- not canned pumpkin pie mix which has sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 scoop of
- Be Well Organic Plant Protein in Vanilla
- 1-2 Tablespoon Collagen Powder (added for the extra benefits/protein and it helps thickens the batter as well!)
- Coconut oil, for cooking
- Raw organic honey (optional)
- Ghee (optional)
- Beat the eggs in a bowl, combine other ingredients and add to eggs, blending until smooth and not runny.
- Smear coconut oil or ghee onto your pan on low heat.
- Pour 2 medium-size pancakes onto the pan and cook until set on one side. Note:
- These pancakes won’t “bubble” on top as much as normal pancakes usually do, so periodically check the bottom with a spatula to see if it’s brown enough and ready to flip.
- Flip the pancakes once they are browned on the bottoms, then pat them down. Make sure Remove from heat and plate. Smear on ghee or grass-fed butter if desired.
- Because these pancakes are pre-sweetened from the protein powder and pumpkin is naturally sweet, you’re set - no syrups needed! If you really need a little something like maple syrup, do just 1 tsp of raw honey melted over so as not to add a lot of sugar.