I joined a CSA this year that has provided such a beautiful bounty – and that’s what inspired this recipe! It’s seasonal, grounding and delicious. The blend of spicy and sweet is truly satisfying.
Ingredients (4 to 6 Servings)
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 big parsnip (or a few smaller ones), peeled and chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 apple (optional), peeled, cored and chopped
- 4 cup organic vegetable broth
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
Place all ingredients in the slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours. After it’s cooked, either transfer the ingredients to a blender and blend in batches until smooth or using an immersion blender, blend until smooth in the slow cooker.