I love creating recipes to share with my clients that are made from simple ingredients and can be whipped up in 30 minutes or less. I spend a lot of time in my kitchen, but for those on a busy schedule, it’s much easier to eat healthy when you have straightforward, easy-to-make recipes on hand. My Peppered Chia Roasted Chickpeas are made from five simple ingredients, most of which you probably already have in your kitchen.
All you need to make this yummy treat is drain and rinse a can of organic chickpeas. Toss them with coconut oil, chia seeds, sea salt and pepper — make sure the chickpeas are coated evenly and then transfer them to a rimmed baking sheet, then pop the tray in the oven for about 20 minutes, or until the chickpeas are golden brown. Let them cool for 10 minutes and your peas will be ready to eat!
These Roasted Chickpeas are great as a snack, a salad topping, or a way to add flavor to a salad, pasta dish or stir-fry. Best of all, they can be stored in the fridge for up to 10 days so you have a great go-to ingredient so you always have a healthy choice when you’re feeling hungry.
Peppered Chia Roasted Chickpeas (Serves 2)
- 1 (15-oz.) BPA-free can organic chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 Tbsp. organic coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp. whole or ground organic chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine chickpeas with coconut oil, chia seeds, sea salt and pepper; toss to evenly coat chickpeas.
- Transfer chickpeas to a rimmed baking sheet. Roast until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Store chickpeas in a container for up to 10 days in the refrigerator. Use chickpeas as a snack or add to salads, stir-fries or pasta dishes.