Looking for a simple (but super impressive!) dinner party spread? Look no further than this delectable lamb chop with herbaceous tahini sauce recipe. You will wow your guests with the unique flavors, while secretly only spending less than 30 minutes in your kitchen preparing and cooking. Serve this with a simple salad (we recommend this detoxifying arugula salad with pears) or some roasted vegetables (like these roasted Brussels sprouts.)
Once your guests taste this flavor-packed dish, they will anxiously be awaiting their next dinner party invite. Enjoy!
- 8 lamb chops, roughly one inch thick (about three pounds total)
- 2 garlic cloves very finely minced
- 5 TBSP avocado oil
- 2 TSP cumin
- 1 TSP smoked paprika
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup fresh dill
- ¼ cup fresh mint
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup filtered water
- Juice of 1-2 lemons (roughly ¼ cup)
- 3 TBSP tahini
- Preheat oven to the broiler setting.
- Combine avocado oil, garlic, and all seasonings in a small bowl and mix well. Adjust salt and pepper to taste preference.
- Massage marinade well into both sides of the lamb chops on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Cook chops on each side for five minutes. Keep an eye on it as broiler temperatures vary per oven, so they may need more or less than five minutes on the second side. (Medium rare to medium should be between 145-160 degrees internal temperature.)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Adjust seasoning to taste preference. (Can add more liquid if a thinner sauce is desired.)
The tahini sauce will add flavor, freshness, and a Mediterranean twist. The salad or roasted veggies on the side will lighten up the dish. Bon appétit!