The convergence of summer and fall is a perfect time to make this delicious dinner, which pairs warm roasted fluke with the bright, fresh flavors of orange, jicama, and mint. It’s a beautiful, lovely meal that will fill you up without weighing you down.
Roasted Fluke with Orange Jicama Salad
For the Orange Jicama Salad
1 jicama, peeled and cut into ¼ inch slices
2 oranges, peeled and sliced into wedges
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
3 Tablespoons lime juice
1/4 cup mint leaves, roughly chopped
Sea salt to taste
For the Mint Crema
1 cup mint leaves
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
½ teaspoon lime juice
½ cup water
⅓ cup raw cashews, soaked 2-3 hours
1 teaspoon sea salt
For the garnish
1 Tablespoon sunflower seeds, lightly toasted
1 Tablespoon pepitas, lightly toasted
1 Tablespoon sesame seeds, lightly toasted
For the fish
4 wild fluke fillets, about 6oz each
1 lime, cut into wedges
3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Sea salt and black pepper to taste
1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2) Drizzle each fillet with olive olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper to taste. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
3) Roast until the fish is pure white and firm to the touch, about 8 to 12 minutes.
4) Upon removing from the oven, add a squeeze of lime juice to each fillet.
5) Lightly toss the salad ingredients until all fruits and vegetables are coated with olive oil and lime juice.
6) Blend all ingredients for the mint crema in a high-speed blender until smooth.
7) To plate, coat the bottom of each serving dish with a smear of the mint crema. Pile the orange jicama salad on top. Serve the roasted fluke on the side, and top both with a generous sprinkle of garnish.