Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 large Vidalia onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 large yellow summer squash, thinly sliced
- 4 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped, plus more for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Spread pine nuts on a baking sheet; toast in oven until lightly toasted and fragrant, approximately 6 minutes. Set aside to cool.
3. Bring 2 cups water to a boil in a large saucepan. Rinse quinoa and add quinoa to the pot; return to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook until quinoa is tender approximately 15 minutes. Remove from heat and fluff with a fork. Set aside to cool.
4. Meanwhile, heat a grill to medium heat. Toss Vidalia onions, zucchini and squash with olive oil, sea salt and pepper in a large bowl. Transfer zucchini mixture onto the hot grill in a single layer. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until tender. Remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl with the cooked quinoa and remaining honey, chili powder, red pepper flakes, lemon juice, and cilantro. Gently toss to combine. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
5. Serve chilled or at room temperature.