When you are gluten-free and craving a sandwich, this collard greens wrap recipe could just be the next best thing since sliced bread. A Southern staple, collard greens are packed with Vitamin A and K as well as a healthy dose of folate, manganese and calcium. A combination of fresh vegetables, healthy fats, and a tasty spread, like hummus, will make this sandwich alternative a lunch hit.
- 4 large cleaned and dried collard green leaves
- 4 Tablespoons hummus
- ½ avocado sliced long ways
- 8 pieces of cucumber sliced very thinly
- 2 radishes sliced very thinly
- ¼ red onion sliced very thinly
- 1 cup grated carrots
- ¼ cup sprouts
- Carefully trim the hard stem of the collard leaves (this will make them easier to roll).
- Lay the leaves on a cutting board.
- Spoon 1 Tablespoon of hummus onto each leaf.
- Layer with the rest of the ingredients, distributing evenly among the 4 leaves.
- Fold the top and bottom of the leaf inwards then tightly roll into a wrap.
Check out more collard green recipes and low-carb swaps.