Hey there smartie, you know salmon, a light and super mega brain boosting protein, cooks in minutes, with the Vitamin A and C of spinach and the good carbs you need from the quinoa, the perfect combination for a pre-made lunch, a meal on the go as a side dish or a main meal.
- 2 cups baby spinach or chopped kale greens
- 2 cups uncooked quinoa
- 2 – 5 oz salmon fillet ** Frozen fillets are great and convenient and super economical.
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- Minimal sea salt to taste
- ¼ C extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ C balsamic vinegar
For the Clean Green Vinaigrette
Whisk together, ¼ C extra virgin olive oil & ¼ C balsamic vinegar, season with a touch of sea salt as needed.
- Preheat broiler.
- Bring water to a boil and cook the quinoa, add a bit of salt to taste, strain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
- While quinoa cooks, sprinkle fillet evenly with sea salt. Place fish on a foil-lined broiler pan coated with a drizzle of olive oil. Broil on high for 10 minutes, until fish is opaque and firm to the touch. Gently break the salmon into a large mixing bowl flaky pieces with a fork.
- Toss salmon, quinoa, spinach, red onion and balsamic vinaigrette in a large bowl; toss gently to coat.
A super simple + easy boil, broil, toss and dress salad, saves well for the week and freezes well too! Enjoy deeelish salmon with a simple variety of flavors you already have at home in your pantry!