How I love Spring, the colors… the atmosphere, sigh! These gorgeous pink, purple and green flowers I had inspired me to create some killer toasts with the very same colors. The taste is so refreshing and it’s SO easy to put together. Whether you just want to treat yourself to a beautiful breakfast or snack… or you’re entertaining for the Queen of England, I’ve got you covered with these babies. All you need are: Peas, lemon and tahini to make the base, I realize not everyone has lavender and I was one of those people up until like a month ago, but ever since I spent the $10 on Amazon to get a bag of it, I think my culinary street cred went up at least 20 points. Just sayin’ — buy yourself some, it’s just fancy as frick. And radishes?! They’re everywhere right now. I was lucky enough to find these tiny French ones, but good ol’ regular radishes will do just fine. The toast is up to you, whatever you normally use. And voila… you have yourself a gorgeous appetizer or dish you can feel proud of.
- 1 cup peas (fresh or frozen)
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 tbsp tahini
- dash salt & pepper to taste
- toppings: 3 radishes (French or regular) & culinary lavender
- 2-3 slices bread (gluten-free or otherwise), toasted
- If using frozen peas, zap them in the microwave for 1 minute. Add peas to a food processor or blender.
- Add in: lemon juice, tahini, salt and pepper – blend until well combined.
- Toast your favorite bread, I was able to top 3 full slices with this recipe.
- With a fork, coat your toasts evenly pressing down.
- Separately, thinly slice your radishes (I’m using 3 French radishes because they are small, but regular work too!), add slices over the pea mixture.
- Finally, top with some lavender by hand, sprinkling over top. Serve!