Pair this granola goodness with any fruit you have on hand, like blueberries, bananas, or strawberries. Add some almond milk or coconut yogurt, and you’ve got a breakfast that will take your morning from good to great.
Grain-free Cocoa Granola
Ingredients (Makes 3 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup raw almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1 Tbsp flax seeds
- 3 Tbsp raw cacao powder
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- Pinch sea salt
- Optional: 1 egg white (to make granola extra clumpy)
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine coconut flakes, chopped almonds, pepitas and flax seeds.
3. In a separate bowl, melt coconut oil. Add cinnamon and vanilla. Stir, then pour over dry ingredients, mixing with a spatula or large wooden spoon.
4. Add cacao powder and mix again until granola is well-coated with the cacao. For clumpier granola, add one egg white and stir (optional).
5. Spread granola on baking sheet in a flat single layer. (Tip: If you prefer clusters, keep the mixture condensed in the center of the pan, touching.)
6. Bake for 35 minutes.
7. Remove pan from oven. Sprinkle cacao nibs and a pinch of sea salt over top. Bake for another 10-15 minutes until granola is toasted and dry.
8. Allow the granola to cool at room temperature for one hour.
9. To store, use parchment paper to funnel granola into a mason jar. Tighten lid and store in cupboard. To serve, add yogurt or milk and combine with fresh fruit.