When it comes to the end of one year and the start of another, I always like to take some time to reflect on the lessons learned and think about the tweaks I need (and want) to make going forward. Having never been a big fan of the ‘resolutions’ mentality, but certainly a fan of change and improvement, my personal, annual upgrade list is taking shape. So, what’s on my to-do list this year? Less resolution, and more evolution, with an emphasis on the idea of not only being well, but staying well – and focusing the behaviors that encourage wellness in all aspects of life.
Here are a few of the upgrades I’ll be working on – and let us know in the Comments what you’ll be focusing on to stay and be well in 2018.
Have a wonderful, healthy, peaceful New Year.
LIPMAN’S EVOLUTIONS LIST 2018:
1.Walking more – by taking fewer subways and taxis in NYC, and making my feet the preferred method of transport through the day, no matter how busy it may be.
2. Meditating more – by adding a second round of meditation to my daily practice to help keep mind and body even more grounded and relaxed.
3. Giving more – by consciously performing a daily act of unsolicited kindness to add a bit of joy to the day of someone who may need a little lift.
4. Thanking the universe more – by taking moments to truly experience gratitude and, when appropriate, share it with others.
5. Serving more – by giving more of my time, effort and service to meaningful causes that are close to my heart so I can be part of the solution(s).
6. “Forest bathing” more – by spending more time in nature and committing to regularly immerse myself in it, even when the weather isn’t necessarily cooperating.
7. Showing up more – by making more time to spend with the people I love and revel in being present with them.
8. Dancing more – by signing up with my wife Janice to learn how to ballroom dance or something like that (the time has come!).
9. Cooking more (like a chef)– by working more on improving my kitchen skills and raising my culinary game.
10. Laughing more – by having more fun and seeking out the people and activities that make laughing impossible to avoid.
11. Unplugging more – by taking more brain-soothing tech breaks, vacations and fasts.
12. Grooving more – by getting back into listening to music, getting lost in it and feeling the joy of it.
13. Writing more –and sharing the message of “How To Be Well” with as many people as possible.
14. Editing life more – as in, learning to say ‘no’ more often (firmly and graciously, of course) to requests that take time or energy from any of the items on the Evolutions List!