In the summer, it’s fun to get creative with fruit for dessert. Peaches are so delicious this time of the year. While they’re fantastic on their own, I recently threw them on the grill and added some fresh banana ice cream for the perfect summer treat!
- ½ cup raw honey
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 6 peaches halved and pitted
- Dash of sea salt
- 4-5 Ripe Bananas (optional)
Directions for Grilled Peaches:
- In a small saucepan, combine vinegar, honey and salt.
- Stir over low heat for 2-3 minutes until blended.
- Set aside ⅓ cup mixture for brushing the peaches.
- Bring remaining mixture to a boil, cook and stir for 4-6 minutes until the mixture begins to thicken slightly.
- Remove from heat.
- Brush peaches with balsamic vinegar.
- Place them on the grill for 6-8 minutes on each side, brushing occasionally until caramelized.
- Drizzle with extra glaze.
- Serve alone or with fresh banana ice cream.
Directions for Banana Ice Cream:
- Take 4-5 very ripe bananas, peel them and add to a freezer bag to freeze overnight until completely solid.
- Cut them into small chunks and add to a food processor or blender.
- After roughly 45-60 seconds, the bananas should be blended into a creamy, one ingredient ice cream that’s a great addition to the peaches.