Seems like breakfast smoothies are all the rage these days, so it got me thinking, why not come up with a thick luscious creamy and, of course, healthy recipe that would make the perfect breakfast in bed treat to serve someone you love (or yourself).
The smoothie bowl requires a little bit of prep the night before so that you have a really thick base to start with in the morning; otherwise, it’s as simple as making a regular smoothie.
- 1 scoop Be Well Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- Handful baby spinach
- ¼ avocado
- 3 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon Matcha green tea powder
- Stevia to taste if desired
- Optional – 3-4 ice cubes
- Berries of choice
- Unsweetened coconut flakes
- Cashew butter
- Chia seeds
- In a bowl, stir 3 tablespoons chia seeds into the coconut milk, mix well.
- Leave to soak overnight in the fridge.
- In the morning, place all ingredients (except toppings) into a blender and blend well.
- The mixture will be very thick.
- Scoop into a bowl.
- Top with berries, coconut flakes, a drizzle of cashew butter and sprinkle with chia seeds.
- Enjoy this after a great night’s sleep!
Join the Be Well Sleep Workshop with Dr. Lipman, Arianna Huffington and Barry Cik of Naturepedic on Monday, April 18th to learn more on the importance of healthy sleep and enter to win The Good Night’s Sleep Collection Giveaway. Sign up here.