Now that spring has finally arrived, we’ve been frequenting our local farms. I love stocking up on fresh eggs and local produce directly from the farm. We often take the kids so they can learn about how and where our food is sourced.
This past weekend was so busy there wasn’t much time for cooking. One of the fastest meals to make is a healthy, vegetable frittata. When we arrived home, I whipped up a quick lunch for the entire family to enjoy using fresh eggs and greens. It was delicious and took less than 20 minutes to prepare.
Part 1: Frittata
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 8 Large Eggs
- 1 cup goat cheese
- 3 cups of spinach
- ¾ cup of milk
- 1 cup tomatoes cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Crack eggs into large mixing bowl. Add milk, salt and pepper. Beat until mixed.
- Tear spinach into small pieces
- In a 10 inch oven proof saute pan, heat oil over medium heat, add spinach, saute until wilted.
- Remove from heat and add egg mixture
- Add tomatoes, sprinkle with goat cheese and transfer pan to the oven
- Cook for 30 minutes or until top begins to turn golden brown
- Remove from oven, let it sit for 5 minutes, cut and serve
Part 2: Salad
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small lemon
- Large bunch of mixed salad greens and tomatoes
- Seasonal vegetables of your choice
Toss greens, tomatoes and your choice of seasonal vegetables together with olive oil and lemon. Add to the side of the frittata and enjoy!