It’s true what they say – true beauty comes from within. However, what the proverbial they failed to mention is that real beauty starts in the gut…
Collagen is the most abundant form of protein in our bodies, responsible for the elasticity in our skin, hair, and nails, and ease of mobility in our joints and muscles, but most importantly, the health of our digestive system. As we age, collagen production slows, making it that much more important to supplement. While there are endless powders and potions on the market that claim to slow aging and restore beauty, there are few (until now) that combine the synergistic nutrients that the body needs to metabolize collagen correctly.
We are thrilled to announce, Collagen Refresher, which combines a powerful blend of nutrients, including Vitamin C, Biotin, Glucosamine Sulfate, Aloe Vera and Silica (sourced from Bamboo Extract). They work together to supply the body with specific proteins, vitamins, and other nutrients that are needed to build, repair, and maintain healthy skin, hair, nails, connective tissue, and strong digestive system, in an easily dissolvable and delicious and multipurpose powder. Read on for why we recommend collagen to help support our inner and outer health and beauty along with a recipe for our Winter glow collagen tonic.
Why we recommend collagen powder:
– Collagen helps in the healing of the digestive lining and to support gut health (We love using it along with bone broth for those with leaky gut or autoimmune issues).
– It contains higher amounts of the amino acids glycine, lysine and proline, which are much lower in other protein sources, powders and supplements. These amino acids are found to generate more rapid cell growth, and are essential in building new connective tissue.
– It’s a clean protein source, and our prefered protein powder versus most protein powders on the market (besides ours of course).
– Collagen supports skin elasticity and can help reduce the signs of aging.
– Collagen supports the health and quality of hair, skin and nails.
– It supports joint health (supports the replacement of synovial fluid in the joints, and helps repair and rebuild cartilage).
– The addition of Vitamin C helps to convert collagen into a usable source of protein, while Aloe Vera helps to repair and hydrate damaged and inflamed skin and gut lining while boosting immunity and creating digestive regularity.
GLOW-RESTORING WINTER TONIC:
makes 1, 8oz serving
8 oz. coconut milk, nut milk, or organic grass-fed dairy
1 heaping tablespoon Collagen Refresher
1-2 teaspoons MCT coconut oil
½ teaspoon dried turmeric powder
½ teaspoon dried ginger powder
squeeze of fresh lemon juice (optional)
Stevia to taste
Add all ingredients to a small saucepan and stir on low until warm, or add warmed milk of choice to a blender with other ingredients and blend until frothy. Enjoy warm.