By Christiane Northrup, M.D
The newest version of the groundbreaking classic Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom by Christiane Northrup, M.D., is now available in bookstores across the United States. I share in my good friend, Dr. Northrup’s joy and excitement when I tell you that Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom is now an essential guide for how to truly flourish in a female body, not merely avoid disease. In fact, the new Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom is an owner’s manual designed to teach you everything that can go right with your body.
The first edition of Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom was published in 1994 and was based on Dr. Northrup’s many years as an OB/GYN physician. She had seen up close and personal everything that could go wrong with the female body. As a matter of fact, her medical training was based on the concept that the female body is a minefield and everyday occurrences, like the menstrual cycle, pregnancy, and menopause, can only be spoken of in the language of pathology and discomfort.
It’s now 16 years later. Since its initial release, Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom, an international bestseller, has become and remained the veritable bible of women’s health. Now, in this revised and updated edition, world-renowned and much-beloved women’s health expert Dr. Christiane Northrup shares the latest developments and advances that will maximize your potential for living well in your body today.
Inside you will discover:
- New material on sexuality—and how to have a more fulfilling sex life.
- The spiritual and scientific principles behind healing from terminal illnesses, and how you can utilize these principles for your own health and the health of others.
- Vital information about how to truly dissolve PMS and ease menstrual cramps.
- Extraordinary facts on Vitamin D—and why it is crucial for breast, cardiovascular, and immune system health.
- The importance of the preconception diet and how to greatly decrease your risk of birth defects.
- How to birth naturally, despite the current induction and C-section epidemic.
- All you need to know about thyroid function, including proper blood tests.
- Life-saving facts about cellular inflammation—the root cause of all chronic degenerative diseases—and how to prevent this condition.
- The essentials on the “fountain of youth molecule”—and how to enhance your levels of it for vibrant health.
More than simply an update, the newest version of Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom is an entire rewrite! You can purchase Dr. Northrup’s beloved classic everywhere books are sold. Purchase at your favorite local bookseller or online in paperback from Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble, and Borders and in hardcover from Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble, and Borders. To read an excerpt, go to www.drnorthrup.com.
Dr. Northrup’s New PBS Show
During the first week of June, the PBS special Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom will begin airing across the United States. The new show, Dr. Northrup’s seventh special for PBS, represents the distilled essence of 30 years of exploration on the front lines of women’s health and wellness. This groundbreaking program focuses on four key areas uppermost in the minds of women 50+. They are: heart health, hormone therapy, diet, and sexuality. Dr. Northrup also presents a five-step program that guarantees weight loss if adhered to as directed.
Watch as Dr. Northrup invites midlife women to embrace their inner wisdom and transform the second half of their lives. Click here to see a trailer for PBS special Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom. To find show times in your area, go to your local Public Broadcasting Station’s Web site or www.PBS.org.