After healing from 10 years of chronic illness, I constantly get asked the question about what I ate while healing my body. As my family and friends know, I lived off of green veggies and organic chicken for years because it was too hard for me to digest anything else without getting sick.
That’s when I befriended my food processor, as I talk about in my cookbook, Eating Clean: The 21-Day Plan to Detox, Fight Inflammation, and Reset Your Body. I started pureeing everything so it was easier to digest, which also helped me absorb and assimilate the nutrients in the foods I was eating.
This soup is simple, delicious, and can be served anytime of the year. Feel free to use bone broth in place of chicken broth if you are looking for more gut-healing and immunity-boosting properties. Enjoy!
- 4 large zucchini, diced
- 2 T. coconut oil
- 1 small shallot, diced
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 cups chicken broth (or bone broth for more flavor)
- 1 T. hemp seeds
- 1 tsp. finely chopped fresh tarragon
- Fresh basil leaves
- Fresh lemon zest
- Cook zucchini in a large skillet over medium heat with the coconut oil, shallot, sea salt and pepper, until very tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and continue to cook another 5 minutes, or until the soup is warm throughout.
- Remove from the heat, transfer to a food processor and puree until smooth. Divide into serving bowls and serve warm with the hemp seeds, tarragon, basil and lemon zest for garnish.